Child and Youth Care Worker I,II,III
As a child and youth care worker you will be responsible for a variety of duties including: milieu programming, activity programming, recreational programming, crisis and behavioural management, case management, and written & verbal communication. Child and youth care positions involve working within a schedule of rotating evenings and day shifts (6 on, 3 off). Candidates need to be in good physical condition as there is a strong emphasis on recreation and ranch work.
- Diploma/Degree in Human Services, preference given to Child and Youth Care and Social Work disciplines
- Valid driver’s license
- Standard 1st Aid (level C), ASIST Suicide Certificate(s) are an asset; however courses are offered after commencement
- Police Security Clearance, Intervention Record Check and a driver’s abstract are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate
- Experience & knowledge in Aboriginal culture is an asset for all positions
The Program Supervisor is responsible for the overall operations of their assigned program and when on duty responsible for the coordination of activities on the Ranch. The Program Supervisor reports to the Program Manager.
- Degree in Human Services with preferences towards Child & Youth Care and Social Work
- Certified child and Youth Care or Registered Social Worker
- Five years of experience in human service organization with young people
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft office, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
A Team Lead position is a direct service position. You are responsible for all activities associated with the operation of the program. This includes the allocation of staff duties that ensure appropriate support and supervision of young people within the program.
The responsibilities also include all aspects of a child and youth care position.
Family Support Worker
Oak Hill Boys Ranch offers family support program that includes: In-home family support, onsite family support, supported visits, parent groups, family days and events, and occasional transportation. Responsibilities include: in home support group facilitation, home visit follow-ups, activity planning, supported both on site and in home, event organization and coordination.
A Degree/Diploma in Human Services is required; preference will be given to Child & Youth Care and Social Work disciplines.
Aboriginal Liaison Worker
The Aboriginal Liaison position is to provide cultural service to the boys and their families. There is generally 3 aspect of the service.
- To work with the elder and prepare weekly sweats for the boys as well as other initiatives such as ceremonies, and staff training.
- To provide cultural experiences for the boys on and off ranch. (ie sharing circles, smudging, attend pow-wows, learning language, and other cultural activities)
- To provide support and activities that link the young people to their community of origin where appropriate
This is a 40 hour per week position. The hours for the position vary so some flexibility is required however most of the activities occur after school and early evenings. A Degree/Diploma in Human Services is preferred; preference will
be given to Child & Youth Care and Social Work disciplines.
We are interested in an experienced Psychologist or Clinical Social Worker to provide a range of clinical services for young people between the ages of 8 and 16 years in a residential treatment setting. Services include: Initial Assessments, Individual Therapy, Crisis Therapy, Group Facilitation, Staff Consultation and Clinical Oversight to programming, case management, crisis management and program milieu.
- Masters Level Clinician registered with a clinical designation. (Preference for a Registered Psychologist or a Registered Clinical Social Worker)
- Strong therapy skills(Capacity to deliver a range of therapies)
- Strong knowledge in child development, collaborative practice and human ecology
- Strong facilitation and group skills
- Understanding of Psychometric testing
- Strong clinical report writing skills