Admission includes males ranging in age from eight (8) to sixteen (16) at the date of intake, who have status with Children’s Services. Age exceptions may be considered depending upon presenting circumstances.
Young people who are referred to Oak Hill Boys Ranch will require residential treatment services for problems associated with traumas related to physical, emotional and sexual abuse and neglect. These will include, but may not be limited to:
- Young people with Mental Health Issues, including those who have been diagnosed under the DSM IV – TR. Diagnoses have included: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Conduct Disorder, Depression, Tourette’s Disorder, Reactive Attachment Disorder, (mild) Autistic Disorder, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Young people also may present with various learning disorders and cognitive deficits.
- Young people who have a Dual Diagnosis of Developmental Delay and Mental Health Issues, however will be able to function in a physically active program.
- Young people who have demonstrated Verbal/Physical Aggression and require treatment that will include Anger management and life skills.
- Young people diagnosed with Alcohol Related Neurodevelopmental Disorder (ARND), or Organic Brain Disorders.
- Young people who are engaged in substance misuse.
- Young people who exhibit conduct problems and are in conflict with the criminal justice system.
- Young people requiring specialized educational services.